Tuesday 24 November 2015

Roses and new precioussses!


Today I got around to playing with some new toys! Two stunning new Grace-full Polish holographic polishes, a pretty new Emily de Molly stamping polish and a simply gorgeous BornPrettyStore stamping plate.



Recently I splurged on some new Grace-full polishes. Two of which are Christmas releases: 'Starry Christmas', an enticing kelly-green jelly polish packed with gold, green and red glitters (which I can't wait to wear) and 'Christmas Rose' a sublime, pale rose-gold holo. One from the new 'Wintertide' collection: 'Olive Evergreen', a lovely, deep olive-green holo with gold shift. And finally, the jewel in the crown, 'Red Velvet' a Grace-full Fan Group exclusive red holo....utterly droolworthy!

Coincidentally, Emily de Molly also released some new stamping polishes, so I had to have the' Rose Gold', among some other beauties!(More on that another day)

 Around the same time, Born Pretty Store sent me some items to review; one of which was a rose-themed stamping plate: 'BP-73'...so, so beautiful! It has a variety of lovely rose designs, including single blooms and full patterns.
So... what with that fabulous collection of shiny new toys I now had the ingredients for the perfect red and rose gold, art deco inspired rose mani.




Deciding on a base of 'Red Velvet' on every nail, except my pinkie, I used 2 coats for full coverage. Like all Grace-full holos, 'Red Velvet' was no exception and applied like butter without being too thin and ending up flooding my cuticles. A dream to apply!

On my pinkie I decided to go with a base of 'Christmas Rose' and then used it to paint a french tip over the red on my middle finger. Another french tip in red over the rose gold on my pinkie and then I was ready to stamp.

I chose the deco inspired bud-like blooms on 'BP-73' and used the full pattern over my ring finger, stamping with Emily de Molly 'Rose Gold' and my Creative Shop stamper. The images picked up and transferred perfectly!

For my index finger I chose the same design but in the single bloom, again stamped with 'Rose Gold'. For some variety I chose to stamp the same single bloom over my middle and pinkie nails, but using  'Christmas Rose' and 'Red Velvet' for a soft and muted effect. Again, the images stamped perfectly.






I am really loving this combo and think it might make a beautiful Xmas mani. What do you think? Good for Xmas or too much like a Valentine's mani?





The BornPrettyStore Stamping Plate was sent for honest review. 

Use my code: KWGK31 for a 10% discount off your next purchase at http://www.bornprettystore.com/




All polishes were purchased by me. 

Grace-full Polish:

Emily de Molly:




No comments:

Post a Comment